ORA-01194

From: <markg22003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:21:52 -0700

SunOS 5.8
ORACLE 8.1.7 We have a test database that we created from an OS copy of our production database. The copy is not perfect, but for what we need to test, it is sufficient.
When starting the database, we get:

SQL> alter database open resetlogs;
alter database open resetlogs
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent ORA-01110: data file 1: '/u02/oradata...'

Is there a way to force the database open ? Again, for our purposes, even if the data is inconsistent, we can still
test our application.

Thank you. Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 12:21:52 CDT