Re: Linux/Oracle Memory question

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM-ME_at_not-at-verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:14:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:39:12 -0700, rogv24 wrote:

> I can't seem to understand why all the memory is taken. When I run free
> all the memory is used up:

Because you haven't configured your sistem properly. First of all, your Oracle instance probably hasn't specified direct I/O, which means that Oracle will use system buffering and that your files will be double buffered. Second, you probably haven't configured properly the minimum free memory that Linux kernel will maintain.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com