Users vs. Schemas

From: <kilik3000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:58:50 -0700

I'm an oracle novice and I'm a little confused by Users vs. Schemas.

I had thought that User == Schema.

However, while using the schema browser feature in TOAD GUI I noticed that under the 'Schemas' node there is an entry for 'PUBLIC' for which there is no corresponding entry under the 'Users' node.

Every other Schema/User has an entry in both.

Why is PUBLIC different?

Dose User == Schema OR does User != Schema?

-Thx Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 08:58:50 CDT