DataPump Export FILESIZE parameter

From: <RogBaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:11:28 -0700

I don't understand how the FILESIZE paramater works. If I do a datapump export in a single dmp file, it creates a file that is 207MB. If I specifly four specific .dmp files for my export and set the FILESIZE limit to 70MB, I would expect it to create three 70MB files, and maybe just a little bit in the fourth file. However, I get an error
ORA-39095: Dump file space has been exhausted: Unable to allocate 73408512 bytes
Job "SYSADM"."SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_01" stopped due to fatal error at 16:57:27

If I re-attach and add a fifth dmp file to use, the datapump export will continue.
The log file says that the Dump file set for SYSADM.SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_01 is:
File1.dmp & File5.dmp.
The fifth file is way bigger than twice my FILESIZE limit that I set.

I thought I might need a patch on the system, but metalink did not reveal anything to this effect.

Can someone clarify how this FILESIZE parameter works? (Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bit on HPUX) Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 08:11:28 CDT