Get Oracle 9i2 to run again after WinXP reinstallation ... ?

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:37:36 -0700

Greetings.
[Oracle 9i2 9.0.1.3.0, Windows XPsp2]

The situation is as follows: At a remote site some windows system dll's got corrupted, the machine didn't start up anymore and they reinstalled Windows (XPsp2). Now in this situation everything (under C: \Oracle) is basically still there on the disk and rather that reinstalling Oracle I would like to recreate the services etc. Now, I probably could manage to recreate the services, the Oracle User/ Group and the stuff in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\...] as this is one of identical machines installed at several sites. However, there also seems to be a lot of Oracle related stuff under [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{...}\...] and hence I'm not too sure that I can get the system working without doing a re-install via the installer.

thanks!
br,
Martin Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 01:37:36 CDT