Re: Oracle 10g - username and password, Scott/Tiger LOCKED

From: Sinardy Xing <Oracle.RDBMS_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:58:08 -0000

On Jun 27, 10:49 am, ddog <wgblack..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've installed Oracle 10g on my Windows XP Pro PC. During the config.
> process I was given the option to set locking on various accounts. I
> left all of them as they were and now I can't get in to anything - I
> have no username and password combo that I know of to log in with. Is
> there a way around this or do I have to uninstall everything,
> reinstall it and unlock all of the users and pray that one of them is
> able to log in?
>
> I've looked in the TSNAMES.ora file hoping to find something useful
> there but found nothing. I've a developer not a DBA and all I want to
> do is create a database, add tables etc. and manipulate it through
> JDBC.
>
> Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

  1. If you see question asking you whether you should lock the account or not, then you have a instance already, you don't have to create database.
  2. there is connection directly to the instance without have to go through TNS or SQLNET simply sqlplus / as sysdba
  3. you can just create a user then start work from it. try following... sqlplus / as sysdba grant dba to ddog identified by ddog; connect ddog/ddog create table mytable as select * from dba_users; drop table mytable;