Google accounts (was Re: table constraint)

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:23:07 -0700

On Jun 26, 12:23 am, rwij..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On 26 jun, 00:24, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 25, 9:04 am, rwij..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > By the way: does anybody know how I can make my name appear instead of
> > > my email address?
>
> > I'm not real sure, since I don't use gmail, but if you are using a
> > google interface, there should be a SSO type of login, and a My
> > Account link when you do, and thence a link to Manage Subscriptions.
> > If you are using some sort of email client, there should be some
> > setting there. So, how are you posting?
>
> > The google stuff has changed over time, especially if you are also
> > logging in with blogspot. Nowadays, if you have multiple names, it
> > matters where and when you log in. For example, when I sign in while
> > looking at cdos, I'm joel garry, but signing in at other places like
> > cdom I'm jgar the jorrible. Then if I go to different places without
> > logging out, the login-time name follows.
>
> > All companies that use SSO seem to change things at times without
> > telling people.
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > "...what we have found in the history of our country is that you can't
> > trust the executive." - Royce Lamberth,chief of the secret Foreign
> > Intelligence Surveillance Court 1995-2002.
>
> First of all, sorry for any inconvenience about the change of subject.
>
> Joel, thanks.
>
> Additional information:
>
> I use Google Discussion groups and I login with my gmail/Google
> account. Changing my profile does not help and changing my Google
> account does not help either. But, at the Google account I see a field
> called "Username" which cannot be changed and which contains my email
> address. I tried several Google Help pages and searched at gmail for
> some configuration, but still no success. Anybody else have a clue?
>
> Regards,
> Rob

Hmmmm. On my "my account" page there is a heading "My services," under there is Groups - Manage subscriptions. The Manage subscriptions link goes to the page where it shows which groups I have "joined." I'm guessing you don't see that link? This join thing is google specific, it may have shown up for me because I joined other groups, then posted on cdos (actually, I've posted on cdos for much longer). I don't remember joining cdos, but that doesn't mean I didn't. It may have automatically shown up when google consolidated stuff. I can also get to that screen from the http://groups.google.com page, there is a link "Manage my memberships" between "My groups" and "My topics with recent activity" (which just now shows your post that I'm replying to). If you don't see either of the links I've mentioned, maybe you have to join a google group like oracle_dba_experts to get it to show up.

If you still don't see any of this, contact me offline by changing the home.com to cox.net in my address. I may be slow responding because my home router died, then the new one was bogus, so I'm waiting for an RMA, and having to manually change cables between family members computers to share the cable modem <sigh>.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.