Re: Need help!!!

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:14:55 -0700

On Jun 26, 11:03 am, siva.thirumai..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can some one tell me how can I disable a trigger when it is being
> called?
>
> Please find the details about the setup:
>
> I have create a trigger T1 for the table TAB1 in the schema A in the
> database D1 and similarly I have create a trigger T2 for the table
> TAB2 in the schema B in the database D2.
>
> This setup was done inorder to update any transaction that happens
> locally say TAB1 in the remote database table TAB2.
>
> I have create the procedures to update the transaction in the other
> database.
>
> However, while testing, I tried to insert/update manually, I am
> getting the error like primary key constraint voilated.
>
> Hence I disable the trigger at the remote database and tried to
> update/insert. It worked fine.
>
> There are no problem with delete even when both the triggers are
> enabled.
>
> Hence in order to automatically disable the trigger in the remote
> database when it is receiving some updates from the local database. It
> should get disabled and once the update is done. it should get
> enabled.
>
> This disabling and enabling should occur only when it is coming from
> the other database. If anything happens locally, this process should
> occur. It should go in a normal manner.
>
> Please provide me some solution for this or let me know how to disable
> the trigger when it is being fired and starts executing the
> procedures.
>
> Thanks in Advance!!!

Which release of Oracle are you using, and if it's 9.2.0.x, 10.1.0.x or 10.2.0.x why are you not using Streams to perform this function? The way you suggest to 'manage' this has 'mess' written all over it.

And posting the same message twice is not the way to get a response, it's the way to get your posts ignored.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Jun 26 2007 - 12:14:55 CDT