USER_BIND_PEEK_MISMATCH...

From: Elena Ivanova <eivanova_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:25:19 -0700

Hello,

we are using oracle 10.2.0.1 on solaris sparc 64bit. We have sometimes the following effect, which I do not understand:

We have a lot of processes, that login with the same username on the database, set the same environment and run the same query throught a stored procedure. The query is stored and is being run only by this stored procedure.
The query is using bind variables, that can have some different values. These values depend from the process type and are the same in all environments.
In the most of the time and environments, there is only one child cursor for the query.
Sometimes in one envoronment (the same init.ora, etc...) I see a lot of child cursors for the query with different execution plans. V $SQL_SHARED_CURSOR shows only USER_BIND_PEEK_MISMATCH='Y'.

The oracle documentation sais: "Cursor is not shared because value of one or more user binds is different and this has a potential to change the execution plan".
But we have always the same values of the binds, so I do not understand why we have sometimes 1 and sometimes a lot of child cursors.

The effect is not reproducible at will, so I can not really analyze it.
Can somebody help me understand it?

Thank you and regards
Elena Received on Tue Jun 26 2007 - 11:25:19 CDT