'Wide Area' RAC nodes

From: Richard <postmaster_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:21:47 +0100

I'm searching for opinions on disaster proofing options in Oracle, particularly those involving wide separation of server nodes, in different data centres.

I know this can be done using replication and DataGuard but I wondered about RAC. There are a couple 'wide area' clustering products available, notably OpenVMS and some third party applications for Linux. They appear to allow 'shared nothing' clusters to be created where individual nodes are not connected to a shared disk array, as is usual with RAC.

Is anybody aware of these products being used to create 'wide area' RAC clusters? If so I'd be interested to hear opinions. Received on Tue Jun 26 2007 - 09:21:47 CDT