Re: Doubt about Shared Storage for RAC

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:37:50 -0700

On Jun 25, 11:24 am, Brian Peasland <d..._at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote:
> Jagjeet Singh wrote:
> > Hi Frank,
>
> > You are right, I asked this question second time because last time put
> > this question in my
> > old thread which I opened month below for diff. problem with RAC. And
> > then I thought to put this question again with proper description.
>
> > I asked this question because it is mentioned on box, this is only
> > compatible with MAC + WINDOW.
> > If they were given linux as a supportable OS then there was no reason
> > to think about that link
> > which is telling about no-multicomputer access for mac+window.
>
> > Second, At this time I am in US for 2 week and I can return it back if
> > it is not right one
> > for which I am looking for. This is why I was seeking the answer
> > speedy.
>
> > Thanks hpuxrac for your reply. I would continue with this.
>
> > Regards,
> > Jagjeet Singh
>
> Maybe I did not read that correctly...but you are going to use a
> Macintosh system *and* a Windows system? RAC requires that the nodes in
> the cluster be on the same OS platform.
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>
> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> d...@nospam.peasland.nethttp://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>
> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown
>
> --

No I think the OP is noting that the firewire drive that he bought says on the box that it runs on windows and mac systems.

Like many things you can buy at the store you can often get them working on linux by searching around for drivers.

As I said in my original reply if he is working off the list of hardware that Jeffrey Hunter says will work he should be good. ( That's why there are several pages of documentation in the beginning of that article about exactly what does work and why you should stick to items on that list ). Received on Mon Jun 25 2007 - 12:37:50 CDT