Re: Flash back table

From: Massa Batheli <mngong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:40:30 -0000

On Jun 25, 11:09 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Massa Batheli wrote:
> > Dropped a table reimported a supposedly good one and discovered it was
> > no good
>
> > Oracle version 10.2.0.3 G HP _UX
> > Decided to flashback to original table with a new name
> > FLASHBACK TABLE products TO BEFORE DROP RENAME TO products_orig;
>
> > The flashback worked fine but the number of rows was the sum
> > of the number of the dropped table and the original table
>
> > Can anyone with more knowledge on this help with some pointers
>
> > Massa
>
> My first impression is that this is not possible. Can you replicate it
> using a test table?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington

Unfortunately not .I created a couple of tables exported them ,dropped them reimported them
flashed back just as was done with the initial table and the results were as expected ...
I start doubting myself though CERTAIN that one line of code above run and the counts on the table selected Thanks for your response

Massa Received on Mon Jun 25 2007 - 10:40:30 CDT