MI5 Persecution: Email Cruelty 11/3/96 (11144)

From: <MI5Victim_at_mi5.gov.uk>
Date: 23 Jun 2007 03:03:21 GMT

From: D.S.Toube_at_qmw.ac.uk (David Toube)
Newsgroups: uk.misc,uk.politics,uk.legal,uk.media,soc.culture.british Subject: Re: Why Censorship Must Not Be Allowed on Uk.* Reply-To: D.S.Toube_at_qmw.ac.uk
Date: Mon Mar 11 11:47:13 1996

A OSHINEYE <TA5330_at_QMWCC7.qmw.ac.uk> wrote:

:D.S.Toube_at_qmw.ac.uk (David Toube) wrote:

:>I would also be very pleased if Mike Corley would not mailbomb me
:>via my university account with messages entitled 'This Is What
:>You Get For Censorship', thus closing down the entire college
:>email system.
:>
:>Although it does not personally inconvenience me, it is rather
:>dull for the college.

:When did this happen? BTW you can always use Pegasus Mail to send all
:email from Corley's address back to him and see how he likes it.
:--Ade
:

This weekend. The result, Mike Corley will be gratified to hear, was that all users of the college system were prevented from using email.

I suspect that there is no stopping Mike Corley. If mail is automatically returned to him, he will return it back to you tenfold. If he is thrown off his account, as he surely will be, he will find another one.

I do not care whether Mike Corley has an email account or not. It is a matter of supreme indifference to me whether his fanciful account of persecution is aired or not. If he thinks that he has been persecuted by M15 and Chris Tarrant, then that is a matter for him. But there is a world of difference between repeatedly spamming usenet - which is unacceptable - and setting up a Web Site containing his post, which is entirely acceptable. Then it will be possible to choose whether or not to partake of his fantasy.

However although I would not like to see the censorship of posts because they demonstrate evidence of mental illness, I suspect that Mike Corley will inevitably be censored by his ISP following a number of complaints of usenet abuse and mailbombing.

David Toube
Lecturer in Law
QMW, University of London

WWW: http://www.qmw.ac.uk/~ugtl027/index.html David Boothroyd's British Elections Home Page WWW: http://www.qmw.ac.uk/~laws/election/home.html

11144 Received on Fri Jun 22 2007 - 22:03:21 CDT