Re: oracle unbreakable linux

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:25:02 GMT

Steve Howard wrote:
> On Jun 21, 10:34 am, Chuck <skilover_nos..._at_bluebottle.com> wrote:

>> hpuxrac wrote:
>>> Surely you don't think that you need to boot from the dvd to look for
>>> files on the dvd that contain install doc?
>>> Dollar gets you a doughnut there's some kind of readme.html and/or pdf
>>> documentation.
>> None that contain anything useful for someone who's trying to find out
>>
>> (1) is it a live cd, or
>> (2) is it going to change anything on existing hd partitions.
>>
>> I guess I could always ask for my money back. ;-)

> Chuck,
>
> I would be interested to see what you get, as I haven't done anything
> with it yet. However, I would be shocked if it changed any partitions
> without you knowing about it. Can't you just run the install (not as
> a live CD) and cancel when you get to the disk partition screen (or at
> least don't hit next on that screen)?
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

I cancelled while still on the opening screen. It still deleted my existing pclinuxos /boot/initrd.img file without ever asking permission to touch my HD. Needless to say I am very wary of trying it again until I've created an empty partition for it, and backed up everything in sight. Received on Thu Jun 21 2007 - 15:25:02 CDT