Regarding Flashback logging

From: Ganesh <ganesh.tambat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:43:48 -0000

Hi All,

I am a bit confused in the exact relation between a Flashback Log and corresponding Archived Log / Redo Log.

Can someone explain to me / point me to a document that explains how exactly these logs work together ? I am curious why Flashback Logs need archive Logs / redo logs.

Following are my assumptions:

  1. Flashback logs contain "changed data blocks"
  2. You can flashback to "any point of time".
  3. You dont need recovery in case of Flashback logs.

Also I would like to know, given a flashback log, is there any way I can find corresponding Archive Log.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ganesh Tambat Received on Thu Jun 21 2007 - 08:43:48 CDT