Re: Problem with importing a database with national (Polish) characters

From: majster <majster_at_majster.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:56:47 +0200

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96529/ch10.htm#1010387

> The description seems to be a bit shaky.
> What I would do is set up export tables with the PK of the original
> table and the NCHAR columns of the original tables.
> Only then you would be able to 'drop' those columns.
> This link also describes the procedure to change the NCHAR set of your
> 9i database, which needs to happen anyway, as your current
> characterset is not supported.

I am not sure if our situation was put in a clear way, so I will try again.

Our client provided an *.dmp file exported from Oracle 8 server and we would like to import it with an Oracle 9i server by the "imp" utility. We have no way to import the file in Oracle 8 server because we have no license for it.

The *.dmp file looks good. When it is viewed as a simple ANSI (windows-1250) text (e.g. in windows notepad), the Polish characters are there.

DW Received on Thu Jun 21 2007 - 08:56:47 CDT