test restore

From: cptkirkh <khill_at_scic.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:00:46 -0000

I am trying to learn how to restore an oracle server. I have the backup files being shared and I am attempting to restore to a new host. We run Oracle 10g on windows server 2003. I managed to get up to the final step listed below:

  1. Install new database with same name
  2. Rman target / nocatalog
  3. Shutdown immediate
  4. Copy latest autobackup controlfile to new server
  5. Startup nomount
  6. Set dbid to dbid of source database
  7. Restore spfile to pfile 'location of pfile' from 'location of autobackup file';
  8. Restore controlfile from 'location of autobackup file';
  9. Alter databse mount
  10. Restore database
  11. Recover database

Now I want to run the alter database open resetlogs command and I get the following. Now it has been two weeks between the recover and and the alter database open resetlog command. It gives me this error.

RMAN-00571:

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS

RMAN-00571:

RMAN-03002: failure of alter db command at 06/20/2007 15:57:09 ORA-01152: file 1 was not restored from a sufficiently old backup ORA-01110: data file 1: 'F:\ORACLE\PRODUCT\10.1.0\ORADATA\PORKY \SYSTEM01.DBF Did I mess up this whole process by waiting two weeks to perform this command? Received on Wed Jun 20 2007 - 16:00:46 CDT