Re: create new oracle using copies of dbf files

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:23:04 -0000

On Jun 20, 3:06 pm, rich <rschn..._at_nsf.gov> wrote:
> All, I have the dbf files, ctl files, etc... from an old good instance
> of Oracle. Is there a simple way to start up a new instance of oracle
> on a completely new and different platform which would be able to
> access the Trigger PL/SQL code that is in the SYSTEM table space? Can
> I create a new instance that just gets me that pl/sql access. I don't
> care about tables or data at all.
>
> Rich S.

Hi Rich,

If this is the same environment you mentioned earlier this week, then moving database files that were not properly backed to another platform won't solve your issue (and believe me, I've been in binds before myself, so I wish it would help you).

Regards,

Steve Received on Wed Jun 20 2007 - 14:23:04 CDT