Some ISSUE with [ wxWidgets + Macintosh + OpenLink + Oracle 9i + Unicode build ] combination.

From: vikas Rosal <vikas.rosal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 07:11:26 -0700

Some ISSUE with [ wxWidgets + Macintosh + OpenLink + Oracle 9i + Unicode build ] combination.

Issue Is :--> I am firing a query on database to fetch single value from the XYZ table and
query is getting fired successfully but it is returning no results for given criteria
where CRITERIA is in unicode ie :--

["Not Working Combination"] :---> that I am using Is :--> wxWidgets + Macintosh + OpenLink + Oracle 9i + Unicode build.

Select Description from XYZ where name = 'UNICODE_CRITERIA'

UNICODE_CRITERIA is the unicode string.

I am getting the correct result with same code on the below combination.

["Working Combination"] :--> wxWidgets + Windows 2K + ODBC DSN(i am not using OpenLink here for making DSN) + Oracle 9i + Unicode build.

Code Snippet is like.

if (ptrDB->ExecSql(strQuery))
{

        while (ptrDB->GetNext())
        {
                //In case of "Not Working Combination" I am NOT
getting into this
portion of code but
                //In case of "Working Combination" I am getting into
this portion of
code
        }

}

So I am not able to make out the Problem Point because ,Non-Unicode queries are giving me correct and desired results on BOTH Combinations.
Can anyone help me out to resolve this issue...Replies will be highly Apreciated.
Thanks In advance for your help.

Vikas Rosal Received on Wed Jun 20 2007 - 09:11:26 CDT