Re: Query parsing/execution plan hangs

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:10:27 +0800

pratap.deshmukh_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a query that just hangs for hours when I execute the query or
> do an explain plan. It shows wait event "db file sequential read". The
> v$ tables show that it waits for 1 block in the SYSTEM tablespace for
> the cluster C_OBJ#_INTCOL#. After a few hours the block number
> changes, but I did not track the block numbers.
>
> When I kill the session, it gets marked for kill and it takes time for
> the session to clear up. So I am not able to try different options
> like deleting statistics on the table etc. Does anyone have any
> workaround for this?
>
> Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - 64bi
> PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
> CORE 10.2.0.1.0 Production
> TNS for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
> NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
>
> Regards,
> Pratap

Are you burning CPU whilst this occurs ? We had several dictionary queries spinning on 10.2.0.1 which 10.2.0.2 and then 10.2.0.3 mostly resolved.

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat."