Re: recover lost triggers

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:31:19 -0700

On Jun 19, 11:23 am, rich <rschn..._at_nsf.gov> wrote:
> Hello all, I have joined a project which used to have a bunch of
> triggers. At some point prior to my arrival, some key tables (which
> had triggers) were dropped and re-created. However, the triggers
> never got recreated. They were not doing oracle wise backups.
> Sysadmin was just backing up all of the unix file systems. Now they
> have restored the backup (100GB +-) to the unix system. Noone wants
> to restore this old system over the new one. Is there a way for me to
> find the trigger text in this mass of unix files? Where or where are
> the triggers?
>
> Rich Schneider

Maybe you can use logminer on some old archived logs like http://www.pythian.com/blogs/509/forensic-dba-oracle-logminer-helps-detect-sabotage if you are lucky enough to have the logs when triggers were manipulated. Not too likely, but one never knows until one looks. You are in archivelog mode?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
It's up to "highly trained securities regulators" suckers!