Listener is on but db istance is down

From: Alen Cappelletti <alen.cappelletti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 00:56:36 -0700

My test PC have a hostname like ITVAW2k3DEV02 with a IP 162.162.162.2.
Into my host file in windows I have overwrite the default settings 127.0.0.1 with

162.162.162.2 ITVAW2k3DEV02

tnsping orcl return successful but when I try a test like

>sqlplus connect system_at_orcl
> insert password

I got an error ora-12505...I see on web browser admin listner is ON but db is down.
I try to rebuild listerner and tnsnames files...many times and one time this operation restart my connection and I worked for 5 minutes. After this time I restart for security test my PC and all stop another
time. I thik there is sono connection problems...

I'm on oracle 10 g

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ITVAW2K3DEV02)(PORT = 1521))
    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

    )

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)   )

I hope someone can help me

Alen Italy Received on Tue Jun 19 2007 - 02:56:36 CDT