Re: Oracle 10g R2 RAC server side load balancing

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:31:08 -0700

On Jun 18, 10:45 am, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
Frank:
You are talking about client load balancing, all that does is round robbin or so - it sends 50% connections to one server., 50% to other. Oracle intrdouced sever side load balancing based on load advaisory etc. That is quite different from what yo are talking about. That is why confsuion. I have to contact Oracle metalink support.

Oracle documantaion confuses the issue:
For client, you must be using the connection pool. Connection pool is nothing od od with what you show in tnsnsames.ora. Received on Mon Jun 18 2007 - 12:31:08 CDT