Re: Oracle Shared Mode for Asp.net

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:00:17 +0200

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:07:58 -0700, cablito <cablito_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Given the fact that the memory the processes are allocating are making
>AIX use the swap, is the overhead not worth trading over swapping?

Given the fact you have set buffer cache to 90 percent of memory, it is simply not true those processes are making AIX swap, as buffer cache is in virtual memory too.
You are starting at the wrong end.
Whoever decided

- not to use bind variables
- not to tune any statement
- set the buffer cache to 90 percent of memory
should be conducted to the door of unemployment.

But I am afraid it is you who should be conducted to the door.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA