Re: OO-databases - anyone out there?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:28:56 -0700

Marc Blum wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Several times I've been asked, if there are any object-oriented databases having
> relevance to the IT market.

And the answer is that there are not.

There are some small companies flogging specialty products into specialty markets with limited success. But just as with XML databases they are doomed to failure, or very limited success, because the relational model works.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington