Oracle 10g R2 RAC server side load balancing

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 04:26:19 -0700

I am on Windows 2003 server.
In Oracle 10g r2, Oracle provides a load balancing advisory to distribute load
among various noads when connections are made, i.e., a connection may be made
to least loaded node. Oracle documentation also says somewhere that this feature is only available with clients which use ODP.NET, JDBC, OCI.

  1. If my application is using PRO*C instead of OCI, then connections made by the application cannot utilize server side load balancing.
  2. Is it correct that my application code will not require any changes to take advantage of this feature?