import full (8i ->10g) and system schema, what really happens ?

From: KCS <KCS_at_hotmail.it>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:46:01 +0200

FIRST: Import full is possible from 8.1.7.4 to 10g R2 (see metalink), the matrix is:
Migration to Oracle10g release 2 - 10.2.0.x :

Now the question is: what happens to system user in my 10g database ?

I've read many articles in metalink and not, one of the most interesting (from oracle) is this (the note specified in it is not public):

From: Oracle, Edward Murphy 16-Sep-03 20:01 Subject: Re : Recreate user SYSTEM
Hi Scott,
The user SYSTEM is created at database creation time, just like the user SYS. The difference is that SYSTEM is created with no schema objects and remains empty unless replication or advanced queueing objects are created by the corresponding cat.... scripts.
Another difference from SYS is that the export/import utilities will access the SYSTEM schema when it is specified (or FULL=Y). We do not support dropping the SYSTEM user and therefore do not have a corresponding creation script for it (short of re-creating the database or restoring a backup to a point in time before the drop). That being said if you access our Technical Libraries on MetaLink and look up Note 101068.1 you will find an UNSUPPORTED method of creating a new SYSTEM user. Afterward you should still run a full export and recreate the database.
Regards,
Ed

So we can say that:
1) System must exist
2) with ignore=y I will avoid creation statement error

BUT what about rows inserted in existing table of the system schema in the destination db ?

May I reset the situation with a CATALOG.sql + CATPROC.sql after the import full was ended ?
Tell me what do you think about this.
Thank you. Received on Sat Jun 16 2007 - 12:46:01 CDT