Metrics Not being Collected

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:40:42 -0500

My configuration:
Oracle 10.2.0.1.0
2 CPUs
2039G Memory
Microsoft Windows XP Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (32-bit)

I bought a new laptop so I could install Oracle on it to practice and test. It's been on for over a week now and working fine except for one thing I've just now noticed.

It seems that the last time any metrics were collected was on the day I first installed Oracle onto my laptop. According to the Database Usage Statistics I'm currently using AWR but it appears I've never used ADDM.

When I look at my Oracle study guides and manuals the screens they show don't appear on my laptop which leaves me with no idea of how to turn the ADDM on to receive alerts and collect metric information. For instance my Oracle class books show how to set baselines but I don't have the screens on my laptop they show in the books at all.

Can anybody point me in the proper direction so I can configure Oracle to start collecting metrics regularly (or even at all it seems)?

Thanks. Received on Fri Jun 15 2007 - 23:40:42 CDT