database statistics histograms ...

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:21:33 -0700

I am using 9.2.0.6 on Windows Server 2000.

I have a packaged application, which did not use bind variables. Database statistics collection included computing histograms of 250 buckets on some columns.

Now we use cursor_sharing=force which converts literals to bind variables.

Will histograms be ever used? If not, I can delete them.

I know Oracle still does bind peeking so not sure whether histograms will still be used.... Received on Fri Jun 15 2007 - 13:21:33 CDT