Re: PLSQL Collection Question

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:41:11 -0700

On Jun 14, 4:06 pm, "ame..._at_iwc.net" <ame..._at_iwc.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 collections that are basically an array of numbers.
>
> I'm looking for some slick code that will compare collection #1
> against collection #2 and tell me how many elements of #1 are in #2.
>
> I can write some stupid FOR LOOP for WHILE LOOP with indexes and all,
> but I was wondering if anyone has something more slick or efficient?
>
> Thanks!

Not for 8.1.7. So it appears you'll need to author your 'stupid FOR LOOP for WHILE LOOP with indexes and all'. [Does the 'stupidity' of the construct extend to the programmer?] Or, you could attempt to convince your employer to join the living and install 10gR2 (presuming you want current support) or 9iR2 and patch to the terminal release of 9.2.0.8 (if you don't care about current support but want something much more recent than 8i).

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Jun 15 2007 - 08:41:11 CDT