Re: Newbie: Sample SQL Code

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:17:53 -0700

On Jun 15, 6:44 am, General Fear <richma..._at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> I am learning SQL and PL/SQL. I was interested in finding some sample
> SQL code.
>
> I know the basics so I am more interested in Advance complex SQL.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> ..

How about http://www.oracle.com/technology/index.html or all the documentation written by oracle available from http://tahiti.oracle.com and of course there's always http://asktom.oracle.com

I get worried when people say "I know the basics" because well time and again they really do not. Here's a couple of books worth buying.

First, Tom Kyte's latest "Export Oracle Database Architecture" as well as his book "Effective Oracle by Design".

If you don't understand how the database engine works and why it performs as it does, typically developers create unscalable applications that do not work well. As long as you are taking the time to learn SQL syntax it is definitely worth understanding how to write scalable applications.

Have fun. Received on Fri Jun 15 2007 - 06:17:53 CDT