internal datatypes of result set in OCI

From: haomiao <miaohaoz_at_ustc.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:42:07 -0700

Hi

      I am developing with oracle OCI(Oracle Call Interface). I am using Oracle 9i.

      In my application, all sqls are dynamic with no binding. And there is a common interface
to execute all the sql and return result so this interface does not know the sql's content in advance.

      By the OCIParamGet() and OCIAttrGet() function. I can only get the external type of a column of result set. is this right?

      So how can I find the exact internal data type of a column of result set?

      What is the map rule between oracle internal type and external type?

     I want to know this because I want to OCIDefineByPos() all column with *string* external type, and I must alloc enough memory. So I want to use internal data type infomation to determine the alloc size.

     Thanks in advace. Received on Thu Jun 14 2007 - 20:42:07 CDT