Re: inactive users how find

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:21:06 -0700

krzys wrote:

> yes thats right but death logins that means that the account was used
> probably one year ago but now account is unused - the preson whos used this
> account is absence
>
> km
>
> "Brian Peasland" <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote in message

>> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:

>>> I wasn't certain what columns exist in the 8.1.7.4 version of V
>>> $SESSION.  Such information certainly would help in deciding which
>>> sessions were truly idle.
>>>

>>> David Fitzjarrell
>>>

>> To the OP: you could also implement a profile to automatically kill a
>> session that is idle too long.
>>

>> HTH,
>> Brian
>>

>> --
>>

>> Brian Peasland
>> dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
>> http://www.peasland.net
>>

>> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>>

>> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
>> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown
>>

>> --

Vladimir's advice is the best. Alter the default profile to lock accounts then just drop locked accounts. There are demos in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org under PROFILES but here's the basics.

ALTER SYSTEM SET resource_limit=TRUE SCOPE=BOTH;

ALTER PROFILE developer LIMIT password_lifetime 60;

SELECT username, lock_date
FROM dba_users;

Be sure you do not drop intentionally locked administrative accounts such as OUTLN and MDSYS.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington