SQL Tuning talk - What Oracle Doesn't Know Can Hurt You!

From: <bdurrettccci_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:01:33 -0700

I just gave this talk at our local SCIOUG usergroup today and thought I'd post it on the newsgroup.

It is about the limitations of the Oracle optimizer and how it sometimes miscalculates the number of rows a query will return (its cardinality) and results in a bad plan.

The zip file has a paper, slides, and scripts.

http://www.geocities.com/bobbyandmarielle/sqltuning.zip

The SCIOUG web site is http://www.scioug.org if you live in the Greenville, SC area and want to check it out. Received on Wed Jun 13 2007 - 16:01:33 CDT