Re: oracle threads increasing, even after closing sessions

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:09:09 -0700

On Jun 13, 1:50 pm, Jimmy <jimmy.coole..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear,
> We have a problem with 2 Oracle Server 10.2.0.0 on Windows 2003
> Server.
> The number of threads in the oracle.exe process keeps increasing, even
> after the user session is finished.
> We currently have +- 35 session open, and already 136 threads !
> We already changed the PROCESSES ini parameter to 300, because we
> received ORA-00020 error.
> It seems that the threads are not properly cleaned up, after the
> session is finished.
> Is PMON not supposed to clean this up ?
>
> Any ideas ?

Hmmm, 10.2.0.0 .... I thought 10.2.0.2 was the base release...

You have checked metalink for this issue, I presume. And you do realise that 10gR2 is certified for Windows 2003 server ONLY at the 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3 patch levels.

It appears you need to patch your installation.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jun 13 2007 - 14:09:09 CDT