oracle threads increasing, even after closing sessions

From: Jimmy <jimmy.cooleman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:50:22 -0700

Dear,
We have a problem with 2 Oracle Server 10.2.0.0 on Windows 2003 Server.
The number of threads in the oracle.exe process keeps increasing, even after the user session is finished.
We currently have +- 35 session open, and already 136 threads ! We already changed the PROCESSES ini parameter to 300, because we received ORA-00020 error.
It seems that the threads are not properly cleaned up, after the session is finished.
Is PMON not supposed to clean this up ?

Any ideas ? Received on Wed Jun 13 2007 - 13:50:22 CDT