Re: enq: PS - contention

From: herta <herta.vandeneynde_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:24:24 -0000

On Jun 13, 5:30 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> herta wrote:
> > One of our RAC databases currently shows high values for the "enq: PS
> > - contention" wait event on two instances out of four:
>
> > I searched around, but cannot find any documentation on this wait
>
> > event. What is this wait event? (A pointer to doc is fine as well.)
>
> > Kind regards,
>
> > Herta
>
> google "PS - contention" produced 74 hits. Where were you searching?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington

I had looked through the Oracle manuals (Master Index and Performance guide), I had browsed the internet using "enq: PS - contention", which produced 55 hits (none of which explained what the event meant), I looked through metalink. Given the time pressure on the project we're conducting (which had nothing to do with this database), I thought this post was justified.

Not everyone is too lazy to do some searching before posting, Daniel. Received on Wed Jun 13 2007 - 13:24:24 CDT