Re: library cache load lock

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:45:01 -0700

On Jun 13, 12:38 pm, "jerni..._at_nospam.kochind.com" <jerni..._at_kochind.com> wrote:
> I have seen an increase in this wait since we loaded an application
> upgrade. I am trying to look into what changed that would have
> caused it.
>
> This 9.2.0.7 running on Solaris.
> Our cursor_sharing_for_time=false
> I don't see any objects being modified - nothing with a new last_ddl
> date.
> We aren't changing permissions on objects frequently.
> We aren't recompiling any packages.
>
> Any ideas of where to look?

LIBRARY CACHE LOAD LOCK: Latch contention of SQL parsing or sharing. This wait event occurs when a significant number of reloads/loads are occurring in the shared pool, possibly due to lack of reuse of SQL statements or an improperly sized shared pool area. Check V$SQLAREA to see whether there are SQL statements with a relatively high number of parse calls or a high number of child cursors (column VERSION_COUNT). Check parse statistics in $SYSSTAT and their corresponding rate for each second. Check V$SESSION_WAIT, where P1 represents the address of the latch, P2 represents the latch number, and P3 represents the number of times the process has slept waiting for the latch.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Wed Jun 13 2007 - 12:45:01 CDT