Create a View across schemas

From: <simpsonjohnj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:40:41 -0000

Hi all,

I am having trouble creating a view in a schema that references tables in another schema. For example. I want to create view x_view in schema A that selects fields from Table b_tab in schema B. Schema A has all view privileges granted to it (create any view, drop any view, under any view) as well as the select any table permission. When I run the following query, I get an insufficient privileges error. Can someone please help me out?

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW a.x_view AS SELECT field1, field2 FROM b.b_tab;

and the error:
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Thanks,
John Received on Tue Jun 12 2007 - 15:40:41 CDT