Re: Dynamic Search Conditions using PL SQL

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:37:47 -0000

On Jun 12, 2:47 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:25:07 -0000, Valentin Minzatu
>
> <valentinminz..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Have you looked at VPD? It may help you as it dynamically appends
> >where clause(s).
>
> Are you sure you are aware of the impact of VPD?
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

I never did an impact analysis between implementing dynamic SQL and VPD and I do not know neither the business case nor the usage/size/etc of the database hence the question (as opposed to affirmation), but from the example it looks like it may be the case for it or for implementing something along those lines.

Ultimately, it's op's decision to make according to their context or provide more details for a more precise answer. Received on Tue Jun 12 2007 - 14:37:47 CDT