Re: Excellent SPAM

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 06:17:00 -0700

On Jun 11, 3:37 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Jun 11, 11:26 am, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM..._at_not-at-
>
> verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > > More SPAM trolling for resume's.
>
> > > If you are looking for a job look for a reputable company. This isn't
> > > it.
>
> > Dan, why don't you plonk and forget him?
>
> We need to be consistent about disabusing job posters here. Simply
> ignoring them won't make them go away, rather it will encourage others
> to pile on. This Satish or Anil Kumar fellow seems particularly
> dense, or perhaps even enjoying the attention by appearing mulish
> (though I speculate his boss told him to ignore naysayers and keep
> posting, as with all shotgun marketing even the possibility of a tiny
> "positive" reponse justifies it).
>
> If anyone has any other suggestions on how to rid our group of this
> fellow I for one would like to hear it.
>
> There's also the possibility it's someone trolling specifically to get
> Dan to respond - who knows?
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> Billion here, billion there, pretty soonhttp://www.thespywhobilledme.com/the_spy_who_billed_me/2007/06/exclus...

My guess is these guys are just blasting posts to the newsgroups, not reading the responses in the newsgroups. The responses they are seeking would be coming back to them in email. I was hoping someone sharper than I was taking some sort of 'offline' action. Received on Tue Jun 12 2007 - 08:17:00 CDT