Re: Using db files on another server

From: KrzysztofB [smuter] <smuter_at_gazeta.pl>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:59:42 +0200

Dnia Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:05:06 -0700, "fitzjarrell_at_cox.net" <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> napisał:

>Comments embedded.
>On Jun 11, 8:42 am, "KrzysztofB" <smu..._at_gazeta.pl> wrote:
>> I have file-copy database backup (*.ctl, *.dbf, and .ora file) and
>> need to connect these files to working server.
>>

>How, exactly, did you take this 'file-copy database backup'? Also,
>how did you transfer these files from one server to another? And, are
>you transfering these files to a server with the same operating system
>as the source server?

>[..]
>Please provide much more information than you have if you want help in
>resolving this.
>David Fitzjarrell

I don't know and don't have any chance to findout the source OS. I got hdd with set of data files so I think I have files copied from data directory and initXXX .ora file
I got also user/pass for source db but I don't know I need it. And now I have to retrieve data from these files...

KrzysztofB Received on Mon Jun 11 2007 - 14:59:42 CDT