What could be wrong with my DB if "drop table" hangs forever?

From: Ron Schnell <schnell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:57:20 -0000

Oracle 10g:
I create a small table with:
create table foo (bar number(10), bletch varchar(32)); Insert one row:
insert into table foo (bar, bletch) values (25, 'test'); Then try to drop it:
drop table foo;

The command hangs forever (1 hour so far). I'm looking for areas to check for trouble (undo tablespace?). Any pointers to scripts I could use (as sysdba, if required) would be great. Received on Sun Jun 10 2007 - 19:57:20 CDT