Re: Tired of SQLPlus Line Wrapping

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:44:47 -0700

On Jun 8, 2:26 pm, "klabu" <k..._at_mailinator.com> wrote:
> 10gR2/Solaris 8
>
> Is there any way to prevent line wrapping in SQL*Plus spool ?
> or is set linesize 32767, set trimspool the best we have for now ?
>
> thanks

You *should* have a good idea of how long your longest line is, and set your linesize accordingly. However using your 'brute force' method of setting the absolute longest line length and then trimming the trailing spaces will work.

I don't understand why 'line wrapping' is an issue, as the text is still on one continuous line. It would be helpful to have more information on what you're doing and why so other possibilities can be offered.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Jun 08 2007 - 14:44:47 CDT