Re: Is the google interface getting real funky for all you people?

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_SHOESyahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:46:49 -0400

EscVector wrote:

> On Jun 8, 10:34 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> Boy it sure seems like it is having problems lately ( going thru
>> google to cdos ).
>>
>> Sometimes it hangs when trying to post. Other times it appears to
>> work but it can be hours before the reply shows up in the thread.
>>
>> I think I liked the older google groups interface better than the way
>> this one is working currently.
>>
>> What are other people using?

> What is a good reader/interface?

Any real newsreader that's not a web-based interface to usenet. I use Thunderbird 'cause it's free and nearly identical to the Netscape reader that I used to use.

Google Groups is an *archive* with limited posting capabilities. It's no substitute for a real newsreader.

//Walt Received on Fri Jun 08 2007 - 10:46:49 CDT