Re: Install & Configure OEM Grid Control Using an Existing DB

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:29:06 -0700

lazyboy_2k_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Thx for the response. I found out that oem is installed by default
> on 10g, but I have to manually run: emctl start dbconsole in order to
> get the oem gui going. So, I'm able to login oem now, but I'm still
> not be able to login as Performance & Administration gui. Do you know
> what default acct that I can use to login?
>
> Thx,
> -Chris

You are confusing two products because Oracle gave them almost identical names.

DBConsole, database console, is called OEM but it is not the Grid Control.

The Grid Control is an entirely separate installation that takes three CDs and installs the application server, webcache, and a lot of other infrastructure.

Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org