Re: Install & Configure OEM Grid Control Using an Existing DB

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 21:53:57 +0200

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:30:29 -0700, "lazyboy_2k_at_yahoo.com" <lazyboy_2k_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi Gurus,
>
>I'm a very newbie to oracle db & want to know how to install &
>configure oem control grid using an exsting 10g db. I have downloaded
>the oem binaries consisting of 4 zip files (disk1-4.zip) & read the
>oem grid control installation & basic configuration guide. However,
>it doesn't detail step-by-step what to do & how to configure it, so
>I'm a *little* bit confuse :( Here is what I understand what I'm
>supposed to do:
>
> 1. Set the EM_REPOS_PWD environment variable to the value you
>specified for the SYSMAN password during installation.
>
> 2. Run the Univeral Installer with the following command:
>
> ./runInstaller -responseFile OMS_HOME/install/agent.rsp
>
>Questions:
>========
>1. Suppose my assumption is correct, is there a way to find out my
>sysman password? I normally "connect sys/oracle as sysdba", so my
>EM_REPOS_PWD=oracle ?
>2. What required param am I supposed to have in agent.rsp file?
>
>If my assumption is incorrect, please let me know what I should do.
>
>I'm running oracle 10g on solaris 10 machine. Any suggestions/inputs
>are greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you much for your inputs,
>-Chris

1 the OMS accounts are no database accounts. If you didn't install the software, you don't have a SYSMAN account, as the SYSMAN account isn't stored in the database.
2
If you did install the software
oemctl is capable of configuring an existing database. IIRC that's in the documentation.
The various switches are also presented to you, if you just type oemctl in a command box.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jun 07 2007 - 14:53:57 CDT