Install & Configure OEM Grid Control Using an Existing DB

From: <lazyboy_2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:30:29 -0700

Hi Gurus,

I'm a very newbie to oracle db & want to know how to install & configure oem control grid using an exsting 10g db. I have downloaded the oem binaries consisting of 4 zip files (disk1-4.zip) & read the oem grid control installation & basic configuration guide. However, it doesn't detail step-by-step what to do & how to configure it, so I'm a *little* bit confuse :( Here is what I understand what I'm supposed to do:

  1. Set the EM_REPOS_PWD environment variable to the value you specified for the SYSMAN password during installation.
  2. Run the Univeral Installer with the following command:

      ./runInstaller -responseFile OMS_HOME/install/agent.rsp

Questions:

  1. Suppose my assumption is correct, is there a way to find out my sysman password? I normally "connect sys/oracle as sysdba", so my EM_REPOS_PWD=oracle ?
  2. What required param am I supposed to have in agent.rsp file?

If my assumption is incorrect, please let me know what I should do.

I'm running oracle 10g on solaris 10 machine. Any suggestions/inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thank you much for your inputs,
-Chris Received on Thu Jun 07 2007 - 14:30:29 CDT