Re: Step by Step DBA help required - Uninstalling Oracle Spatial

From: HansF <fuzzy.greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:15:50 -0700

On Jun 7, 3:48 am, jesdial <jesd..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Uninstall Spatial and then install Locator using the Intemedia
> Installer..
>
> Jesús de Diego

Good point. I'd forgotten that Locator is still part of interMedia, especially since the interMedia manunals have virtually nothing to say about Locator.

That said, the install instructions for interMedia are in http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14302/ap_instl_upgrd.htm#sthref649

(Of greatest interest would be the differences in the MDSYS schema objects ... since Locator and Spatial both use MDSYS as the owner/ schema. It still might be an exercise in futility, due to the overlap of object definitions. Something to test in a non-production environment ... <g>)

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!