Re: invoking exp

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:59:04 -0700

joel garry wrote:
> On May 29, 11:50 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> On May 29, 1:36 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>>
>>> While I agree with some others that you seem to have it in for Dan,
>>> and you should give that up, I think your comment that an instructor
>>> should brush up on this functionality was an appropriate comment.
>> The more people advertise and promote themselves their websites their
>> consulting efforts and their employers here on cdos the more the
>> behavior appears to be "drive by spamming".
>>
>> On both a personal and professional basis the most competent oracle
>> professionals that I know don't act like that.

> So you don't know the guy with the CBO book in his sig? Or do you
> question his competence?
>
> :-)
>
> C'mon man, sigs are OK to do what Dan does. Jonathan is pushing the
> length far beyond the original 4-line limit, but that never was an
> official standard and no one cares these days anyways unless it's a
> content-free post like that shinola guy from Beijing.

But perhaps Mr. Hurley is right and I should be totally honest about it. I am offering the University of Washington for sale. Its a decent sized university, about 25,000 students, with a world-class medical school and with ownership of most of the major real estate in downtown Seattle. I'll let it for for 25% off this month. Send certified bids with a minimum 15% downpayment made payable to Doctors Without Borders.

And the user group is almost like new. A few small scratches but nothing you couldn't buff out. It just got a new SAN with 6TB of disk and there is a new 16 port Brocade switch coming next week so its a real steal for only 1.6 million USD. Of course I don't own it but why should that stop me from promoting it. <g>

And just for Mr. Hurley I've shortened my sig to 4 lines.

He should be happy now?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington